the viewing schedule
In 2003 and 2004 there has been a discussion on the heimat123 mailinglist of the Heimat and Zweite Heimat series.
Every fortnight Ivan Mansley introduced a new episode on Friday with an e-mail pointing to interesting things to open the discussion. Friday evening we would watch the episode to then discuss it for two weeks.
In 2005 BBC 4 has broadcast all three series of Heimat. On the mailinglist the last six broadcasts with Heimat 3 are currently being discussed after an introduction by Ivan Mansley.
Heimat 3 with introductions by Ivan Mansley
- January 20: Introduction to Episode 1: The Happiest People in the World 20/01/06 - 02/02/06: Discussion of Episode 1 (also check the timeline for this episode made by Gert Jan Jansen)
- February 3: Introduction to Episode 2: The Champions
03/02/06 - 16/02/06: Discussion of Episode 2
- February 17: Introduction to Episode 3: The Russians are Coming
17/02/06 - 02/03/06: Discussion of Episode 3
- March 3: Introduction to Episode 4: Everyone's Doing Well
03/03/06 - 16/03/06: Discussion of Episode 4
- March 17: Introduction to Episode 5: Follow Me
17/03/06 - 30/03/06: Discussion of Episode 5
- March 31: Introduction to Episode 6: Goodbye to Schabbach
31/03/06 - 13/04/06: Discussion of Episode 6
- April 14 - 27: Discussion of Whole Film
- April 28: Concluding Remarks
The DZH website is a joint effort by ReindeR Rustema, Alan Andres and many others since 1996. Back to the main page.